Science Materials Production Manager
The Center for Inquiry-Based Learning (CIBL) is looking for a science materials production manager in our materials center. CIBL is a Durham-based nonprofit that supplies hands-on STEM materials to classrooms across North Carolina.
Production Manager Responsibilities
- Lead our production team to ensure all customer orders are filled
- Planning, Supervising, Trouble Shooting
- Shipping and receiving
- Ship all orders
- Receive and store returned kits and general merchandise
- Supervising production team personnel
- Inventory management and record keeping
- Assist with the annual inventory count
- General maintenance and upkeep of the materials center
- Prepare materials for customer orders
- Refurbishing the STEM kits, assembling the final products
The following skills and characteristics are required for this position:
- Effective Planning and Forecasting
- Ability to understand what and when things need to be done and ensure the production team is on pace to accomplish shipping deadlines
- Highly organized and the ability to multitask
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Effective problem solving and flexibility
- Clear and direct communication
- Ability to supervise a team of 6-8 team members
- Physically able to lift 40lbs repetitively and be on your feet for several hours at a time
- Sense of humor and kindness to others
- Proficiency using computers, Microsoft Excel, and Google Suite
- College degree
- Experience shipping and receiving (strongly preferred)
- Experience with working with schools, or school systems (strongly preferred)
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position that requires at least 35 hours per week. CIBL is open M-F, 8am-4pm.
Compensation range of $50,000- $60,000 annually.
- Health insurance supplement of $400 per month
- Retirement account match up to 6% (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- CIBL offers 12 days of paid holidays and PTO
- Working with a fun team in a supportive environment
Please watch this short video to get an idea of who we are and what we do.https://youtu.be/9Kz8CRJc7lY
After watching the video answering the following questions:
1) What stood out to you in the video?
2) What experience do you have with production/assembly work? Or, how do your skills match up with
the skills we listed?
3) What do you like to do in your spare time?
Please send your answers along with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Materials Packing/Production
The Center for Inquiry-Based Learning (CIBL) is looking for help in our materials center. CIBL is a Durham-based nonprofit that supplies hands-on STEM materials to classrooms across North Carolina. We need you to help us assemble and refurbish those materials. This work is done in our climate-controlled materials center and involves many different skills including:
Weighing, counting and measuring
The ability to take direction and work independently
The ability to communicate effectively in English
Tolerance for repetitive/monotonous tasks
Communication, collaboration, and problem solving
Nice and a sense of humor
Working at CIBL is great. We offer flexible scheduling; you decide when you want to work. We are open 8am-3pm M-F and would like you to commit 18-26 hours per week. Our materials center is located in downtown Durham, 913 Ramseur Street. You will be part of a team and we support each other.
Starting compensation range is $12-$15/hour depending on experience and qualifications. Your hourly rate can increase quickly depending on performance. After six month of employment, you are eligible to earn a 6% employer match in a Guideline IRA account.
Send an email to email@example.com answering the following questions:
- What experience do you have with production/assembly work? Or, how do your skills match up with the skills we listed?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
Include your email address and phone number. Resumes are not necessary. No phone calls, please.