In December 2014, CIBL conducted a survey to better understand the needs of teachers using CIBL kits. From the 269 responses, CIBL learned that:
When teachers use a CIBL kit in the classroom:
- 83% experience students spending more or much more time engaging with science content in the classroom
- 71% experience students asking more or many more questions during science
- 69% experience students being more or much more on-task during science
- 83% report spending less or much less time acquiring classroom materials to teach science
- 75% feel more or much more prepared to lead a hands-on science lesson
- 57% feel more or much more confident teaching the science content at their grade level
When no CIBL kit is available, 69% of teachers responded that they do not have the materials support they need to teach hands-on science.
54% of survey respondents currently receive 0-1 kits from CIBL.
76% of survey respondents would prefer to use 3-4 kits from CIBL each year.